March 12, 2012
CFTC’s Division of Swap Dealer and Intermediary Oversight Provides Annual Report Guidance to Commodity Pool Operators
Washington, DC—The Commodity Futures Trading Commission’s (CFTC) Division of Swap Dealer and Intermediary Oversight has issued its annual guidance letter to registered commodity pool operators (CPOs). The letter is intended to assist CPOs and their public accountants in complying with the Commission’s regulations on the preparation and filing of commodity pool financial reports, and to provide information regarding recent rule amendments.
The highlights contained in this year’s letter include:
- Recent amendments to Commission regulations pertaining to various reporting issues, including Forms PF, CPO-PQR, and CTA-PR;
- Guidance for CPOs with pool funds held at MF Global, Inc.;
- Annual report filing procedures and due dates;
- Special considerations that apply to filings made for Master/Feeder and Fund of Funds structures; and
- Various accounting and regulatory resources to assist in the preparation of the financial reports.
For more information on the CPO Annual Guidance Letter 2011, please see Related Link.
Copies of the letter may be obtained by contacting the Commission’s Office of the Secretariat, Three Lafayette Centre, 1155 21st Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20581, (202) 418-5100.
Last Updated: March 12, 2012