January 4, 2012
CFTC to Hold Open Meeting to Consider Three Final Rules, One Proposed Rule and a Delegation of Authority Order
Washington, DC – The Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) will hold a public meeting on Wednesday, January 11, 2012, at 9:30 a.m., on the following topics:
- Final Rule: Registration of Swap Dealers and Major Swap Participants;
- Final Rule: Protection of Cleared Swaps Customer Contracts and Collateral: Conforming Amendments to the Commodity Broker Bankruptcy Provisions;
- Final Rule: Business Conduct Standards for Swap Dealers and Major Swap Participants with Counterparties;
- Proposed Rule: Prohibitions and Restrictions on Proprietary Trading and Certain Interests in, and Relationships with, Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds; and
- Delegation of Authority Order: Performance of Registration Functions by National Futures Association with Respect to Swap Dealers and Major Swap Participants.
The meeting is open to the public.
Open meeting to consider three final rules and one proposed rule under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. In addition, the Commission will consider a delegation of authority order.
CFTC Headquarters Conference Center, Three Lafayette Centre, 1155 21st Street, NW, Washington, DC 20581.
Wednesday, January 11, 2011, 9:30 a.m.
Viewing/Listening Information: The CFTC has made available the following options to access the meeting:
Watch a live broadcast of the meeting via webcast on www.cftc.gov.
Call a toll-free telephone line to connect to a live audio feed.
Call in participants should be prepared to provide their fist name, last name and affiliation. Conference call information is listed below:
Domestic Toll Free: 866-844-9416
Note: The open Commission meeting that was previously scheduled for January 17, 2012, and announced in a Sunshine Notice published in the Federal Register on December 20, 2011, will not be held. The next open Commission meeting is scheduled for January 25, 2012.
Last Updated: January 4, 2012