For Release: August 6, 2007
CFTC Launches Redesigned Website
Washington, DC – The Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) announced today the launch of its redesigned website. CFTC.gov is the CFTC’s primary tool for communicating with futures industry professionals, the press, Congress, and members of the public.
The Commission initiated the redesign based on a comprehensive audience analysis that highlighted key areas for improvement. As a result, the Commission implemented numerous enhancements to its website.
The major enhancements to CFTC.gov include:
- New look – updated design and layout.
- Improved navigation – the new design allows users to navigate to critical content quickly and easily.
- Email subscription service – email subscriptions allows users to receive personalized updates about CFTC.gov content.
- Industry Filings Search Tool – easy access and search for industry filings, CFTC actions, and comments.
- Improved search – reorganization of content and tagging results in improved search results.
- Calendar – the CFTC calendar highlights meetings, comment period deadlines, and events.
- Education Center – one stop for information about the futures industry.
- Commitment of Traders – more easily accessible and existing links to reports will not change.
Commenting on the launch, Acting CFTC Chairman Walter Lukken said:
“The public relies on the Commission’s website for critical information about the markets, the industry, and futures regulation. The redesign ensures that CFTC.gov continues to provide accurate and relevant information in a timely and easily accessible fashion.”
R. David Gary
Last Updated: October 17, 2007