Minimum Adjusted Net Capital Requirements for Futures Commission Merchants and Introducing Brokers
- Each futures commission merchant (FCM) is required to maintain adjusted net capital of $1,000,000 or some greater amount as determined under CFTC Regulation 1.17(a)(1)(i).
- Each introducing broker (IB) that is not operating under a guarantee agreement with an FCM is required to maintain adjusted net capital of $45,000 or some greater amount as determined under CFTC Regulation 1.17(a)(1)(iii).
- Should an FCM or IB become undercapitalized at any time, an FCM must provide immediate notice to the CFTC, and an IB must provide immediate notice to the National Futures Association on behalf of the Commission. The FCM must also notify its designated self-regulatory organization.
Other Futures Commission Merchant and Introducing Broker Requirements
- Customer funds (FCMs only; IBs do not hold customer funds)
- Disclosure and other requirements for customers
- Financial and other filings