Filing and Reporting
- Futures commission merchants (FCMs) must file monthly unaudited financial reports (Form 1-FR-FCM) with the Commission and their designated self-regulatory organizations.
- Non-guaranteed introducing brokers (IBs) must file semiannual unaudited financial reports (Forms 1-FR-IB) with the National Futures Association.
- FCMs and non-guaranteed IBs must also file certified annual financial reports. These reports include financial statements and CFTC-specific schedules, and also must include an independent auditor’s opinion that covers the statements and schedules.
- The Division of Clearing and Intermediary Oversight publishes guidance for preparing and filing FCM financial reports in the 1-FR-FCM Instructions Manual and in an annual letter sent to FCMs.
Other Futures Commission Merchant and Introducing Broker Requirements
- Minimum net capital
- Customer funds (FCMs only; IBs do not hold customer funds)
- Disclosure and other requirements for customers