Release Number 5868-10
August 6, 2010
Joint CFTC-SEC Advisory Committee on Emerging Regulatory Issues Announces Agenda, List of Participants for August 11 Meeting
Washington, DC – The Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) today announced the agenda and participant list for the third meeting of the Joint CFTC-SEC Advisory Committee on Emerging Regulatory Issues on August 11, 2010.
The Joint Committee will continue its examination of the unusual market events of May 6, focusing on investor perspectives.
The meeting at the CFTC headquarters building at 1155 21st Street NW, Washington DC, will be open to the public with seating on a first-come, first-served basis. The meeting also will be webcast on the CFTC’s website.
Joint CFTC-SEC Advisory Committee Meeting Agenda and Panelists
9:00 Introduction and Opening Statements from CFTC Chairman Gary Gensler and SEC Chairman Mary L. Schapiro
9:15 Panel Discussion: Investor Perspectives on May 6
• Michael Mendelson, Principal, AQR Capital Management
• Noel Archard, Head of U.S. Products, Blackrock
• Charles Rotblut, Vice President and Editor, American Association of Individual Investors
• Chris Nagy, Managing Director, Order Routing Sales and Strategy, TD Ameritrade
• Kevin Cronin, Director of Global Equity Trading at Invesco
• Pamela J. Craig, Chief Financial Officer, Accenture
11:30 Subcommittee Reports and Next Steps
12:30 Commissioner Comments and Conclusion
Watch a live broadcast of the meeting via webcast on www.cftc.gov.
Call in to a toll-free telephone line to connect to a live audio feed.
Call-in participants should be prepared to provide their first name, last name and affiliation. Conference call information listed below:
US/Canada Toll-Free: (866) 312-4390
R. David Gary
Last Updated: August 6, 2010