Checklist Before You Trade
Before you trade futures or options, have you:
- Clearly identified your financial goals, including the amount of risk and loss you can sustain?
- Determined how much assistance you want from a trading advisor in making trading decisions?
- Checked the registration status and disciplinary history of the advisor or pool you select with the National Futures Association?
- Received and thoroughly reviewed the disclosure document -- before you open an account?
- Clearly understood the disclosure document, including the statement of fees, the potential for loss, your right to withdraw your funds and the "break-even analysis?"
- Call the CFTC or the NFA with any questions you may have?