For Release: January 22, 2010
CFTC’s Division of Clearing and Intermediary Oversight Provides Annual Report Guidance to Commodity Pool Operators
Washington, DC — The Commodity Futures Trading Commission’s Division of Clearing and Intermediary Oversight has issued its annual guidance letter to registered commodity pool operators (CPOs). The letter is intended to assist CPOs and their public accountants in complying with the Commission’s regulations on the preparation and filing of commodity pool annual financial reports.
The highlights contained in this year’s letter include:
- Recent amendments to Commission regulations pertaining to various reporting issues;
- Annual report filing procedures and due dates;
- Special considerations that apply to filings made for Master/Feeder and Fund of Funds structures;
- Use of International Financial Reporting Standards in lieu of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles;
- Reporting requirements for pools in liquidation;
- Reporting requirements for series funds with limitation of liability among the different series; and
- Various accounting developments that may impact report preparation.
For more information on CPO Annual Guidance Letter 2009, please see the Related Documents link.
Copies of the letter also may be obtained by contacting the Commission’s Office of the Secretariat, Three Lafayette Centre, 1155 21st Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20581, (202) 418-5100.
R. David Gary
Last Updated: January 22, 2010