Dr. Tamara Roust has served as the Director of the Division of Data and Chief Data Officer since October 2020. In her role, she is responsible for overseeing the agency’s enterprise data strategy and data governance approaches, including data collection and reporting obligations by registered entities and ensuring compliance with certain data and reporting requirements under the Commodity Exchange Act and CFTC regulations.
Prior to joining the CFTC, Ms. Roust served as Chief Data Officer for the State of Illinois where she developed the state’s enterprise data strategy for statewide data practice and was a part of the state’s COVID-19 taskforce. From 2011-2016, Ms. Roust served as a Risk Analyst in the CFTC’s Division of Clearing and Risk (DCR), and from 2016-2019, as an Associate Director within DCR’s Examinations Branch. She also has nearly a decade of experience in the financial services industry and worked as a senior engineer for NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
In addition to her extensive academic background, Ms. Roust holds various industry certifications, has been published in the International Journal of e-Finance, and has presented her publications at various Information Technology conferences.
- PhD, Management Information Systems, Claremont Graduate University (2008)
- MS, Financial Engineering, Claremont Graduate University (2004)
- MS, Management Information Systems, Claremont Graduate University (2003)
- MBA, Finance, Claremont Graduate University (2002)
- BA, Mathematics and Computer Science, University of California, Los Angeles (1998)