Sarah J. Summerville
Sarah J. Summerville is the Director of the Office of Minority and Women Inclusion (OMWI) at the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. In her role, Ms. Summerville oversees the CFTC’s civil rights, equal employment opportunity (EEO), diversity, and inclusion programs.
Ms. Summerville is an expert in U.S. employment and labor law, with more than two decades of experience. Prior to joining the CFTC in 2013, Ms. Summerville was a Labor Relations and Litigation Officer for the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food and Nutrition Service. In this role, she was the agency’s representative on all employee relations and labor relations third party litigation, handling cases before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Merit Systems Protection Board, Federal Labor Relations Authority, and Federal Service Impasses Panel. She was also the agency’s chief negotiator for collective bargaining agreements.
Prior to joining the Department of Agriculture, Ms. Summerville served as an EEO and Employment Law consultant to 13 federal agencies. In this role, she provided consulting services and training for federal supervisors and managers.
Other Public Service
- Acting Director, Office of Economic Impact and Diversity, U. S. Department of Energy (1998-2000)
- Director, Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization, U. S. Department of Energy (1998-2000)
- Special Assistant, Office of Small & Disadvantaged Business Utilization, U.S. Department of Defense (1993-1998)
- JD, Miles College School of Law (1981)
- BS, Mississippi Industrial College (1978)