CFTC’s Technology Advisory Committee
1155 21st Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20581
December 13, 2010
9:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Check-in with CFTC Reception – Lobby Level
10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
TAC Meeting, Hearing Room
10:00 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.
Opening Remarks: Commissioner Scott D. O’Malia, Chairman, TAC, Chairman Gary Gensler, Commissioner Jill Sommers, Commissioner Chilton, and Commissioner Mark Wetjen
10:15 a.m. to 10:25 a.m.
Overview of Meeting and Introduction of Presenters
10:25 a.m. to 12:25 p.m.
Panel I: Swap execution Facilities (SEFs): the New Environment: How will SEFs Function and How Will Participants Aggregate Liquidity.
• Michael Cosgrove, Managing Director-Head of Commodities & Energy Brokerage, North America, GFI Group
• Kevin McPartland, Director of Fixed Income Research, TABB Group: Market Structure and SEF Aggregators
• Ben MacDonald, Global Head of Fixed Income Products, Bloomberg LP: Platform Integration
• Steven Seitz, Counsel, Office of General Counsel, CFTC: Disruptive Trade Practices and SEFs
• Tomas Zikas, Managing Director and Head of the eRates Business, State Street Global Markets: Market Perspective on Order Interaction
• Joe Mecane, Executive Vice President and Co-Head of U.S. Listing and Cash Execution, NYSE Euronex: National Market Structure: Lessons Learned
12:25 p.m. to 1:45 p.m.
1:45 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Panel II: HFT Anthropological Observations: Defining, Classifying, and Observing High Frequency Traders
• Aaron Lebovitz, Managing Director of Algorithmic and Event Trading, Infinium Capital Management
• Richard B. Gorelick, Chief Executive Officer, RMG Advisors, Inc.
• Tom Gira, Executive Vice President for Market Regulation, FINRA
• David Leinweber, Head of Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory Computational Research Division's Center for Innovative Financial Technology
• E. Wes Bethel, Staff Scientist, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory Computational Research Division's Center for Innovative Financial Technology
• Andrei Kirilenko, Chief Economist, CFTC
3:30 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.
Break (Restrooms are located on the Mall Level)
3:45 p.m. to 4:55 p.m.
Panel III: Nomenclature: Interim Recommendations from the Data Standards Subcommittee
• CFTC, Office of Chief Economist, Overview
o Andrei Kirilenko¸ Chief Economist, CFTC; Chairman, TAC Subcommittee on Data Standardization
• CFTC Staff Summary of Data Collection Efforts
o John Rogers, Chief Information Officer, Office of Data Technology, CFTC
• Presentations from the TAC Subcommittee on Data Standardization
o Working Group I (Product and Entity Identification)
o Working Group II (Machine-Readable Legal Documents)
o Working Group III (Semantic Representation of Financial Instruments)
o Working Group IV (Storage and Retrieval of Financial Data)
4:55 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Concluding Remarks of Commissioner Scott D. O’Malia, Chairman, TAC and Discussion of Topics for Next TAC Meeting TBD 2012