For Release: February 23, 1998
CFTC'S FINANCIAL PRODUCTS ADVISORY COMMITTEE
TO MEET ON FEBRUARY 25, 1998
The Commodity Futures Trading Commission's (CFTC) Financial
Products Advisory Committee (FPAC), chaired by CFTC Chairperson
Brooksley Born, will hold a public meeting on Wednesday, February 25,
1998, from 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. The meeting will be held at the
Commission's Washington, D.C. headquarters, Three Lafayette
Centre, 1155 21st Street, N.W., in the first floor hearing room, Room
The Commission is interested in hearing from FPAC members on various
regulatory reform proposals. The agenda for the meeting includes a
discussion of the following topics:
* Regulation of noncompetitive transactions executed on or subject to the rules of a contract market;
* Futures-style margining of commodity options;
* Denomination of customer funds and the location of depositories;
* Account identification for eligible bunched orders; and
* Short option value charge.
The FPAC was created by the CFTC for the purpose of advising the
Commission on issues concerning financial products and markets
regulated by the Commission. The membership of the FPAC consists of 28
individuals representing industry professionals, futures exchanges,
academics and market users.
For further information or to file a written statement with the Advisory Committee please contact Ms. Josiane Branch at (202) 418-5030.