September 10, 2014
CFTC Announces Sponsors for Advisory Committees
Washington, DC — The U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) today announced the sponsors of the agency’s Advisory Committees. The CFTC’s Advisory Committees were created to seek input and make recommendations to the Commission on a variety of regulatory and market issues that affect the integrity and competitiveness of U.S. markets. The committees facilitate communication among the Commission and U.S. markets, trading firms, market participants, advocates and commercial end users.
- Chairman Tim Massad will sponsor the Agricultural Advisory Committee that advises the Commission on matters involving the trading of agricultural commodity futures, options and swaps, and facilitates communications among the CFTC, the agricultural community, and agriculture-related organizations.
- Commissioner J. Christopher Giancarlo will sponsor the Energy and Environmental Markets Advisory Committee. This committee advises the Commission on matters of concern to exchanges, firms, end users, and regulators regarding energy and environmental markets and their regulation by the Commission.
- The Global Markets Advisory Committee, under the sponsorship of Commissioner Mark P. Wetjen, will continue to advise the Commission on matters that affect the integrity and competitiveness of U.S. markets and U.S. firms engaged in global business.
- Commissioner Sharon Bowen will sponsor the Market Risk Advisory Committee, which advises the Commission on matters relating to evolving market structures and movement of risk across clearinghouses, exchanges, intermediaries, market makers, end-users.
- The Technology Advisory Committee advises the Commission on the impact and implications of technological innovations on financial services and the futures and swaps markets. Sponsorship of the committee will be shared amongst the commissioners on a rotating basis. Commissioner Mark P. Wetjen will be the first commissioner to handle these responsibilities.
Last Updated: September 10, 2014