Font Size: AAA
Return to Press Room Archive
- Commodity Futures Trading Commission Proposes Repealing Commission Reugulation 33.4(a)(2) in Order to Permit the Futures-Style Margining of Commodity Options Traded on Regulated Futures Exchanges, 4087-97, December 17, 1997.
- CFTC Provides Guidance to NFA Concerning Floor Broker and Floor Trader Cases, 61-97, December 8, 1997.
- Linda J. Ferren Appointed Executive Director of CFTC, 4085-97, December 5, 1997.
- CFTC Requests Public Comment on Draft Proposed Revisions by the CBT to Corn and Soybean Futures Contracts, 4084-97, November 26, 1997.
- Chairperson Born Expresses Appreciation to Commissioner Joseph Dial, 4080-97, November 17, 1997.
- CFTC's Financial Products Advisory Committee to Meet on November 13, 1997, 4078-97, November 12, 1997.
- CFTC Orders the Chicago Board of Trade to Change Delivery Specifications For Its Corn and Soybean Futures Contracts, 4077-97, November 7, 1997.
- CFTC Issues Order Granting CME a Dual Trading Exemption for the S&P 500 Futures Contract Market and A Proposed Order Granting CME Conditional Dual Trading Exemptions for Seven Other High-Volume Contract Markets, 4076-97, November 7, 1997.
- CFTC Issues Proposed Order Granting CBT Conditional Dual Trading Exemptions for 13 High-Volume Contract Markets, 4075-97, November 7, 1997.
- CFTC Notifies the New York Futures Exchange of the Results of A Rule Enforcement Review, 4073-97, November 5, 1997.
- Year 2000 Computer Problem, 55-97, November 4, 1997.
- Commodity Derivatives Regulator Publish Guidance on Strengthening the Supervision of International Markets, 4072-97, October 31, 1997.
- CFTC Proposes Pilot Program for Agricultural Trade Options, 4070-97, October 29, 1997.
- CFTC's Agricultural Advisory Committee to Meet on October 29, 1997, 4069-97, October 28, 1997.
- Memorandum of Understanding Between the SEC, CFTC, Bank of England and Financial Services Authority, 4068-97, October 28, 1997.
- CFTC Make Its Strategic Plan Available, 51-97, October 23, 1997. Available electronically in Word and html formats.
- The CFTC and The German Bundesaufsichtsamt Für Den Wertpapierhandel Sign Mou, 4064-97, October 17, 1997.
- CFTC Notifies the Chicago Mercantile Exchange Clearing House of the Results of Its Review of the CME Clearing House's Compliance with the Commission's Segregation and Related Recordkeeping Rules, 4060-97, October 2, 1997.
- CFTC Notifies the Board of Trade Clearing Corporation of the Results of Its Review of the BOTCC's Compliance with the Commission's Segregation and Related Recordkeeping Rules, 4059-97, October 2, 1997.
- CFTC Completes Comprehensive Horizontal Rule Enforcement Review of Exchange Broker Association Programs, 4058-97, October 1, 1997.
- CFTC Announces Availability of the International Regulation of Derivative Markets, Products and Financial Intermediaries and 1997 Status Report on Exchange-Traded Derivatives Markets in Emerging and Developing Countries, 4054-97, September 19, 1997.
- CFTC Seeks Comment on Its long-Term Strategic Plan, 4053-97, September 17, 1997.
- CFTC Notifies the Chicago Board of Trade That Its Proposal to Change Its Corn and Soybean Futures Contracts Does Not Satisfy the Terms of the Statute and Proposes to Change and to Supplement the CBT Proposal 4051-97 September 15, 1997
- CFTC Proposes Amending Rules Governing Risk Disclosure Obligations of FCMs and IBs, 4048-97, September 3, 1997.
- CFTC Announces Appointment of Thomas J. Erickson as Director, Office of Legislative & Intergovernmental Affairs, 4047-97, September 3, 1997.
- I. Michael Greenberger to Head CFTC's Division of Trading and Markets, 4046-97, September 3, 1997.
- Rule Enforcement Review of the National Futures Association's Compliance Program for CPOs and CTA's, 4041-97, August 6, 1997.
- CFTC Issues Guidance Concerning Electronic Delivery of Disclosure Documents by Commodity Pool Operators and Commodity Trading Advisors #4036-97 July 24, 1997
- Commissioner Dial and CFTC Staff to Participate in Public Forum on Agricultural Trade Options at National Cattlemen's Beef Association Mid-Year Meeting in Reno #4035-97 July 23, 1997
- CFTC SEEKS PUBLIC COMMENT RELATING TO THE DELIVERY SPECIFICATIONS OF THE CBT WHEAT FUTURES CONTRACT Advisory: 34-97 July 8, 1997
- CFTC ESTABLISHES OFFICE OF INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS #4034-97 July 8, 1997
- CFTC To Hold Public Meetings On Whether To Lift The Prohibitions On Certain Agricultural Trade Options #4028-97 June 19, 1997
- CFTC Issues Guidance to Futures Commission Merchants Permitting Use of Electronic Media to Deliver Monthly, Confirmation and Purchase-and-Sale Statements and to Retain Related Records #4027-97 June 5, 1997
- CFTC to Hold Public Meeting to Receive Oral And Written Statements Relating to the Delivery Specifications of the CBT Corn And Soybean Futures Contracts #4025-97 May 22, 1997
- Agricultural Trade Options White Paper to be Released at May 14, 1997, Meeting of CFTC Agricultural Advisory Committee #4018-97 May 8, 1997
- CFTC Grants a Dual Trading Exemption to the Comex Division of the New York Mercantile Exchange #4016-97 May 7, 1997
- CFTC Approves Trading Link Between Chicago Board of Trade and London International Financial Futures Exchange #4017-97 May 7, 1997
- CFTC Requires Chicago Board of Trade to Notify All Soybean and Corn Market Participants that the Commission has not Approved the Listing of July and November 1999 Soybean Contracts and July and December 1999 Corn Contracts Advisory: 24-97 May 2, 1997
- CFTC Extends Public Comment Period on Responses of the CBT to Notification to Amend Delivery Specifications for Its Corn and Soybean Contracts Advisory: 21-97, April 24, 1997.
- Open Meeting Scheduled for Thursday, April 24, 1997 Cancelled. Advisory: 20-97, April 22, 1997
- Exemption for CPOs of Certain Publicly Offered Pools from Rule 4.26(B) Requirement to Deliver the Most Recent Annual Report together with the Pool's Disclosure Document Advisory: 18-97 April 15, 1997
- CFTC Appoints Chicago Enforcement Division Regional Counsel #4011-97 April 14, 1997
- CFTC Signs MOU With USDA to Assist in Risk Management Education Effort #4010-97 April 10, 1997
- CFTC Announces Results of Recent Rule Enforcement Review of the Chicago Board of Trade #4004-97 March 18, 1997
- Six Additional Countries Sign declaration on Cooperation and Supervision Covering International futures Markets #4003-97 March 12, 1997
- CFTC Announces First Cross-Border Testing of Market Emergency Coordination Procedures #3999-97 March 6, 1997
- Advisory: CFTC Receives Report From NFA Concerning Telemarketing Practices Advisory:11-97 March 5, 1997
- CFTC Takes Further Action to Encourage Automation #3998-97 February 28, 1997
- CFTC Approves Final Rules for Fast-Track Approval Of New Contracts and Contract Amendments, and Approves the CS&CE's BFP (Milk) Futures and Options #3994-97 February 27, 1997
- On Thursday, February 27, 1997, Commodity Futures Trading Commission Chairperson Brooksley Born will hold a briefing to respond to questions from members of the press.
- CFTC Notifies the New York Cotton Exchange of the Results of Its Recent Review of the Exchange's Financial and Sales Practice Compliance Program #3988-97, January 28, 1997