Font Size: AAA
Enforcement Press Releases
Return to Press Room Archive
- CFTC CHARGES CALIFORNIA MAN AND HIS FIRM, UR-LINK, WITH FRAUD IN CONNECTION WITH FOREIGN CURRENCY SCHEME, 4873-03, December 23, 2003.
- LOS ANGELES-AREA FOREIGN CURRENCY (FOREX) FIRM EMERALD WORLDWIDE HOLDINGS, INC., CHARGED WITH DEFRAUDING MORE THAN 300 CUSTOMERS OF OVER $4.7 MILLION IN COMMODITY SCAM; CFTC Also Charges Jan Lu Hao and Jian Zhuang in Scheme to Defraud, 4871-03, December 8, 2003.
- CFTC CHARGES CHICAGO BROKER KEITH W. KRYSINSKI WITH FRAUD ON COMMODITY FUTURES CUSTOMERS; CFTC Alleges Defendant Misappropriated Certain Customer Funds and Created a False Statement To Conceal the Fraud; Federal Court Issues Order Freezing Defendant's Assets, 4870-03, December 4, 2003.
- CFTC IMPOSES A TOTAL OF $34 MILLION IN CIVIL PENALTIES ON THREE ENERGY TRADING FIRMS; Reliant Energy Services, Inc. To Pay $18 Million To Settle Charges of False Reporting and Attempted Manipulation, As Well As Charges of Wash Sales; and, CMS Marketing Services & Trading and CMS Field Services To Pay $16 Million to Settle Charges of False Reporting and Attempted Manipulation, 4869-03, November 25, 2003.
- CALIFORNIA FOREIGN CURRENCY (FOREX) FIRM SUED FOR DEFRAUDING INVESTORS OUT OF APPROXIMATELY $2 MILLION IN COMMODITY SCAM; CFTC Charges FX First, Inc., Alexey Mironov, and William Whyte With Commodity Scam In Foreign Currency Futures; Federal District Court Judge Orders Defendants' Assets Frozen and Issues Preliminary Injunction, 4868-03, November 20, 2003.
- CFTC JOINS OTHER MEMBERS OF THE PRESIDENT'S CORPORATE FRAUD TASK FORCE IN UNDERCOVER "OPERATION WOODEN NICKEL" TO PROSECUTE INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES ALLEGEDLY STEALING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS THROUGH SALES OF ILLEGAL FOREIGN CURRENCY (FOREX) FUTURES CONTRACTS; CFTC Charges 31 Individuals and Entities With Fraud, Selling Illegal Futures Contracts, and Filing False Reports, 4867-03, November 19, 2003.
- CFTC FINDS THAT TRADING ADVISOR, GEORGE R. HARRISON OF CLAREMONT, NH, USED WEBSITE TO MISLEAD PUBLIC ABOUT PROFITABILITY OF COMMODITY TRADING SYSTEM; Respondent George R. Harrison Settles Charges He Made False Claims About MBP Method, 4866-03, November 18, 2003.
- CFTC FINDS THAT FORMER COMMODITIES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, KEVIN MARSHBURN OF TAMPA, FLORIDA, ENGAGED IN FRAUDULENT ALLOCATION SCHEME; CFTC Order Imposes Civil Monetary Penalty of $159,000 and a 10-year Trading Ban, 4865-03, November 18, 2003.
- FEDERAL COURT ORDERS OREGON RESIDENT TO GIVE UP FEES RECEIVED FROM OFFERING FRAUDULENT COMMODITIES INVESTMENT; Thomas E. Jones of Rainer, Oregon Required to Give Up $74,000 4864-03, November 13, 2003.
- MICHIGAN ATTORNEY, CHARLES G. MADY, ORDERED TO PAY MORE THAN $8 MILLION TO DEFRAUDED COMMODITY POOL INVESTORS; Court Bans Defendant From Trading for His Own Account for 10 Years and Permanently Bans Him from Trading Commodity Futures or Options for Others; 4863-03, November 10, 2003.
- CFTC FILES AND SETTLES ENFORCEMENT ACTION AGAINST BOSTON TRADING ADVISORS, LLC, FOR FAILING TO REGISTER AS A COMMODITY POOL OPERATOR; 4860-03, October 29, 2003.
- CFTC CHARGES CONNECTICUT MAN AND HIS COMPANY WITH BILKING COMMODITIES INVESTORS IN FRAUDULENT POOL SCHEME; Burton Friedlander and Friedlander Capital Management Corporation Allegedly Misappropriated More than $1.3 Million to Pay for Boats, Cars, Country Club Dues, and Legal Expenses, 4859-03, October 24, 2003.
- CFTC CHARGES FLORIDA FOREIGN CURRENCY (FOREX) FIRM AND OFFICERS WITH DEFRAUDING INVESTORS; CFTC Alleges that Defendants Bibas Levy Corp., Zacarias Bibas, and Hassan Sharam Made False Profit Claims, Misrepresented Their Performance Record and Minimized Risks of Foreign Currency Futures Trading, 4858-03, October 23, 2003.
- MICHIGAN RESIDENT CHARGED WITH DEFRAUDING PARTICIPANTS IN $1.2 MILLION COMMODITY POOL FRAUD SCHEME; Federal Court Order Freezes Assets of Defendants John Daniel Lee, Marquis Financial Management Systems, Inc., and The Marquis Group, Inc., 4857-03, October 23, 2003.
- CFTC's INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS OFFICE PRESENTS INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM AND TRAINING PROGRAM IN CHICAGO ON GLOBAL DERIVATIVE MARKETS, PRODUCTS, AND FINANCIAL INTERMEDIARIES, 4856-03, October 23, 2003.
- CFTC FINDS THAT MISSISSIPPI RESIDENT ARTHUR ROWELL FRAUDULENTLY SOLICITED CUSTOMERS TO INVEST IN FOREX CONTRACTS, 4855-03, October 22, 2003.
- NEW YORK FOREX FIRM CHARGED WITH DEFRAUDING OVER 300 INVESTORS IN $10 MILLION COMMODITY SCAM, 4852-03, October 16, 2003.
- TEXAS COMMODITY TRADER AND FIRM CHARGED WITH DEFRAUDING CUSTOMERS OF APPROXIMATELY $1 MILLION; CFTC Charges Richard A. Hale and Allegheny Gulf Investments, Inc., with Misuse of Investor Funds, 4850-03, October 7, 2003.
- CFTC FINDS LAS VEGAS MAN USED WEBSITE TO MISLEAD PUBLIC ABOUT PROFITABILITY OF HIS COMMODITY TRADING SYSTEM; Steven Matrix Settles Charges He Made False Claims About His CounterPoint Method Trading System, 4849-03, October 7, 2003.
- CFTC FINDS FORMER AVISTA ENERGY VICE-PRESIDENT MANIPULATED ELECTRICITY FUTURES ON NYMEX; William H. Taylor of Houston, Texas, Agrees to Settlement Terms, Including a Civil Monetary Penalty and Trading Ban, 4848-03, October 7, 2003.
- CFTC SUES AMERICAN ELECTRIC POWER COMPANY, INC. AND ITS SUBSIDIARY, CHARGING FALSE REPORTING AND ATTEMPTED MANIPULATION OF NATURAL GAS PRICES; AEP and its Subsidiary Charged with Routinely Reporting Thousands of False Natural Gas Trades to Publications 4846-03, October 1, 2003.
- CFTC CHARGES CHICAGO MAN WITH BILKING COMMODITY INVESTORS IN FRAUDULENT SCHEME; Cameron Ownbey Allegedly Misrepresented His Past Trading Success by Falsely Claiming Annual Returns of 250 to 350 Percent; Court Enters Consent Order of Preliminary Injunction Against Ownbey, Freezing His Assets, 4843-03, September 24, 2003.
- NEW YORK FOREIGN CURRENCY (FOREX) FIRM CHARGED WITH DEFRAUDING 378 INVESTORS OF MORE THAN $7 MILLION IN COMMODITY SCAM; CFTC Charges Sun Platinum Group LLC and Eduard Dmanskiy With Commodity Scam Involving Offshore Entities; Federal District Court Judge Orders Defendants' Assets Frozen, 4842-03, September 23, 2003.
- U.S. COMMODITY FUTURES TRADING COMMISSION CHARGES PHOENIX MAN AND HIS COMPANIES WITH DEFRAUDING INVESTORS IN $25 MILLION SCAM; Ronald Holt, International Funding Association, Global Management Group, Inc., and Cambridge Global Group Charged with Misappropriation, Solicitation Fraud, and Offer of Illegal Off-Exchange Futures Contracts, 4841-03, September 22, 2003.
- DUKE ENERGY TRADING AND MARKETING, L.L.C., AN AFFILIATE OF DUKE ENERGY CORPORATION, PAYS $28 MILLION TO SETTLE CFTC CHARGES OF ATTEMPTED MANIPULATION; Duke Energy Trading and Marketing Charged With False Reporting and Attempted Manipulation in Violation of the Commodity Exchange Act, 4840-03, September 17, 2003.
- FEDERAL COURT ORDERS FLORIDA RESIDENTS TO REPAY DEFRAUDED FOREIGN CURRENCY (FOREX) CUSTOMERS $1.9 MILLION; Court Also Orders Defendants Daniel Fasciana and Anthony Russo to Pay Civil Penalties Totaling $6 Million and to Forfeit Certain Assets for Defrauding Customers While Selling Illegal Foreign Currency Option Contracts, 4839-03, September 11, 2003.
- U.S. COMMODITY FUTURES TRADING COMMISSION NOTES THE UNSEALING OF 40-COUNT FEDERAL CRIMINAL INDICTMENT AGAINST DONALD O'NEILL RELATING TO FOREIGN CURRENCY INVESTMENT SCHEME; CFTC Charged O'Neill Civilly in 2002 Based On Same Underlying Facts, 4838-03, September 9, 2003.
- U.S. COMMODITY FUTURES TRADING COMMISSION FINES NYMEX FLOOR BROKER FOR UNLAWFULLY TRADING CRUDE OIL FUTURES CONTRACTS; Michael Garber Settles Charges that He Engaged in Wash Sales, Reported Non-Bona Fide Prices, and Executed Non-competitive Trades; CFTC Also Files Charges Against NYMEX Floor Broker Robert Benjamin Harmon, Jr., 4837-03, September 9, 2003.
- CFTC SETTLES ACTION AGAINST REMAINING DEFENDANTS IN INDIANA COMMODITY POOL FRAUD; Court Orders Defendants James N. Wilson and JNW Management to Pay More Than $210,000 in Civil Penalties and Disgorgement For Involvement in Ponzi Scheme, 4836-03, September 9, 2003.
- U.S. COMMODITY FUTURES TRADING COMMISSION CHARGES ATLANTA TRADING FIRM, RISK CAPITAL TRADING GROUP, INC. WITH DEFRAUDING CUSTOMERS; Firm and Certain Traders Allegedly Made False Claims that Accounts Would Make Large Profits With Little Risk Due to Political Events, Such as the War in Iraq; Court Enters Restraining Order Freezing Risk Capital Trading Group's Assets and Protecting Books and Records, 4835-03, September 8, 2003.
- COMMODITY FUTURES TRADING COMMISSION SEEKS TO REVOKE REGISTRATIONS OF TODD J. SNIVELY AND HIS COMPANIES BASED ON PERMANENT INJUNCTION ENTERED IN FEDERAL COURT PROCEEDING; Todd J. Snively, Resident of Northville, Michigan, and Two Michigan Corporations, Commodity Consultants International and Futurewise Trading Group, Are Subjects of Registration Actions Based on Misappropriation of $6.27 Million from 900 Customers, 4834-03, September 4, 2003.
- CFTC and NFA Announce New Rules to Combat Fraud in the Retail Off-Exchange Forex Foreign Currency Market, 4833-03, August 26, 2003
- FEDERAL COURT ORDERS INTERNET PROMOTER GEORGE HEFFERNAN TO PAY $400,000 FOR FRAUDULENTLY SOLICITING CUSTOMERS TO PURCHASE COMMODITY ADVISORY SERVICES; Court Also Orders Heffernan to Disclose That He Violated the Law When Publishing Any Commodities-Related Material, 4830-03, August 7, 2003.
- CFTC Sues related Brazilian and British Virgin Islands Companies for Executing Illegal Non-Competitive Trades on U.S. Markets, 4832-03, August 20, 2003.
- ENSERCO ENERGY, INC. PAYS $3 MILLION TO SETTLE COMMODITY FUTURES TRADING COMMISSION CHARGES OF ATTEMPTED MANIPULATION AND FALSE REPORTING; Enserco Energy, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Black Hills Corporation, Settles CFTC Claims That It Intentionally Reported False Natural Gas Trade Information To Energy Reporting Firms In An Attempt To Manipulate The Price Of Natural Gas Contracts, 4826-03, July 31, 2003.
- FEDERAL COURT FREEZES ASSETS OF INTERNATIONAL FOREIGN CURRENCY, INC. AND ITS EXECUTIVES IN COMMODITY FUTURES TRADING COMMISSION FOREIGN CURRENCY FRAUD CASE; Defendants Thomas Qualls, Michael Kourmolis and Their Company Charge with Defrauding Customers and Selling Illegal Foreign Currency Futures Contracts to the Public, 4825-03, July 30, 2003.
- WILLIAMS COMPANIES AND WILLIAMS ENERGY MARKETING AND TRADING PAY $20 MILLION TO SETTLE COMMODITY FUTURES TRADING COMMISSION CHARGES OF ATTEMPTED MANIPULATION AND FALSE REPORTING; Energy Company and Its Subsidiary Settle Claims Under the Commodity Exchange Act That They Intentionally Reported False Natural Gas Price and Volume Information to Energy Reporting Firms in an Attempt to Affect Prices of Natural Gas, 4824-03, July 29, 2003.
- ENCANA TRADING UNIT PAYS $20 MILLION TO SETTLE COMMODITY FUTURES TRADING COMMISSION CHARGES OF ATTEMPTED MANIPULATION AND FALSE REPORTING; WE Energy Services, Inc. (Formerly Known As Encana Energy Services, Inc.) Settles CFTC Claims That It Intentionally Reported False Natural Gas Trade Information To Energy Reporting Firms In An Attempt To Manipulate The Price Of Natural Gas Contracts, 4823-03, July 28, 2003.
- FEDERAL COURT ORDERS CALIFORNIA MAN TO REPAY CUSTOMERS IN COMMODITY FUTURES TRADING COMMISSION FRAUD ACTION ; Mark Ross Weinberg Also Ordered to Pay $1.26 Million Civil Penalty, 4822-03, July 23, 2003.
- CFTC SETTLES FRAUD CHARGES WITH CALIFORNIA RESIDENT MICHAEL INGWERSON, 4818-03, July 14, 2003.
- GEORGIA FEDERAL COURT ORDERS INFINITE TRADING GROUP, LLC DEFENDANTS TO REPAY DEFRAUDED INVESTORS NEARLY $220,000 IN U.S. COMMODITY FUTURES TRADING COMMISSION ENFORCEMENT ACTION; Shawn Christie and Edward Lindsey Also Required to Pay $480,000 In Civil Penalties, 4817-03, July 10, 2003.
- FEDERAL COURT ORDERS NEW YORK FOREIGN CURRENCY FIRM TO PAY OVER $100 MILLION IN U.S. COMMODITY FUTURES TRADING COMMISSION ANTI-FRAUD ACTION; International Financial Services (New York) Inc. Ordered to Pay Civil Penalties and Repay Customers, 4816-03, July 10, 2003.
- CALIFORNIA COURT SANCTIONS FOREIGN CURRENCY (FOREX) FIRM ACRO INFORMATION SERVICE, INC. AND ITS EMPLOYEES FOR FRAUD AND ILLEGAL COMMODITY FUTURES TRADING, 4815-03, July 9, 2003.
- THE U.S. COMMODITY FUTURES TRADING COMMISSION PREVAILS AGAINST FLORIDA RESIDENTS AND THEIR THREE COMPANIES; Court Orders Defendants Bernard Sevilla, Staci Petok, Jack Pomeroy, First Bristol Group, Inc., Alliance Equity Group, Inc., and Great Minster Group, Inc., to Repay More Than $450,000 to Investors and to Pay Contingent Civil Penalties Totaling $1,920,000 for Fraud Claims, 4813-03, July 8, 2003.
- THE U.S. COMMODITY FUTURES TRADING COMMISSION CHARGES COLORADO MAN AND HIS FIRM, Qi2 TECHNOLOGIES, WITH INTERNET FRAUD; Company Website Marketed to the Public a Trading Manual Entitled, How I Double My Money Annually In The Market, 4812-03, July 3, 2003.
- THE U.S. COMMODITY FUTURES TRADING COMMISSION FILES AND SETTLES ENFORCEMENT ACTION INVOLVING TENNESSEE COMMODITY TRADING ADVISOR TERRY EDWARD JONES; Jones Touted Hypothetical Trading Results as Real, 4811-03, July 3, 2003.
- CFTC FILES FRAUD CHARGES AGAINST A NORTH CAROLINA FOREIGN CURRENCY TRADER AND HIS FIRM, WHO SOLICITED $1.2 MILLION FROM RETAIL INVESTORS; CFTC Alleges that Defendants James Darren Moore and JDM Investments Concealed Trading Losses of Almost $500,000 by Issuing False Account Statements to Customers, 4810-03, July 3, 2003.
- CFTC FILES AND SETTLES CLAIMS AGAINST FLOOR BROKER MICHAEL H. VARNER; CFTC Orders Varner to Pay Civil Penalty and Prohibits Him from Trading for Customers for Five Years, 4809-03, July 3, 2003.
- CFTC Finds That Florida Residents Fraudulently Marketed a Commodity Futures Trading Method on E-Bay, 4807-03, July 1, 2003.
- FEDERAL COURT ORDERS LOS ANGELES FOREIGN CURRENCY FIRMS AND THEIR PRESIDENT TO PAY $759,956 IN CFTC ACTION; Rego Gainer Financial, Inc., Rego Gainer, Inc. and Kwok Lun Lam Ordered to Pay Restitution and Civil Penalties, 4805-03, June 26, 2003.
- CFTC CHARGES FUTURES BROKER AND ITS CHAIRMAN WITH FAILURE TO RETAIN RECORDS; CFTC Alleges Professional Market Brokerage, Inc. and Huaya Lu Tung Abandoned Required Records, 4804-03, June 26, 2003.
- FLORIDA FOREIGN CURRENCY (FOREX) FIRM CHARGED WITH FRAUD FOR INTERNET SWINDLE; CFTC Files Action Against Giovanni Fleury Investments, Inc. of Sunrise, Florida, and Owner Giovanni Fleury, 4803-03, June 26, 2003.
- CFTC CHARGES CALIFORNIA BOILER ROOM, BRITISH CAPITAL GROUP AND ITS PRESIDENT, WITH DEFRAUDING CUSTOMERS IN FOREIGN CURRENCY (FOREX) SCAM; Complaint Charges British Capital Group and Michael Zelener With Fraudulently Soliciting Approximately $4 Million From Over 200 Customers, 4802-03, June 25 2003.
- CFTC ACCEPTS OFFER OF SETTLEMENT AGAINST A.G. EDWARDS & SONS, INC.; CFTC Orders A.G. Edwards & Sons, Inc., to Pay a Civil Penalty of $45,000, 4801-03, June 25 2003.
- CFTC FILES ACTION AGAINST LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, FOREIGN CURRENCY (FOREX) TRADING FIRM AND ITS OWNER; Commission Finds that Respondents Reliant Global Markets, LLC and Maria Cecille Maristela Offered Illegal Foreign Currency Futures Contracts to Retail Customers; As Part of a CFTC Settlement, Respondents Are Prohibited from Trading for Two Years, 4799-03, June 19 2003.
- CFTC CHARGES FLORIDA COMPANY AND RESIDENTS WITH DEFRAUDING CUSTOMERS IN FOREIGN CURRENCY OPTIONS SCAM; CFTC Alleges that Thomas Dooley, Inc. and Michael O'Keefe Supposedly Solicited Customer Funds for Trading Purposes, But Instead Used the Funds for Business and Personal Expenses, 4798-03, June 18 2003.
- CFTC FINDS COFFEE TRADER DEIRDRE ANDERSON CONDUCTED FRAUDULENT TRADING SCHEME AND MANAGERS FAILED TO PROPERLY SUPERVISE HER; Anderson and George Lamborn of New York and Richard Lani of New Jersey Are Sanctioned, 4797-03, June 18, 2003.
- CFTC SETTLES FOREIGN CURRENCY FRAUD CHARGES WITH TEXAS RESIDENT AND HIS TWO COMPANIES; Court Orders Defendants John A. Wheeler, Long Point Investments, LLC and CDM Technologies, LLC to Pay $23 Million to Investors, 4796-03, June 16, 2003.
- CFTC SETTLES FRAUD ACTION WITH CALIFORNIA RESIDENT CHRISTIAN WEBER; Federal Court Orders Huntington Beach, California, Man to Repay Over $2 Million to Customers from Australia, New Zealand, and the United States, 4795-03, June 16, 2003.
- CFTC FINDS THAT MISSISSIPPI RESIDENT Michael Gene Pate AND HIS FOREIGN CURRENCY FIRM, American FX, LLC, SOLICITED CUSTOMERS FRAUDULENTLY, 4794-03, June 11, 2003.
- CFTC SETTLES OPTIONS FRAUD CHARGES WITH CALIFORNIA DEFENDANT; Beverly Hills Resident Ronald G. Scott Permanently Barred From Trading Commodity Futures and Options; Court Orders Scott to Make Refunds to Customers and Pay a Civil Penalty, 4793-03, June 11, 2003.
- CFTC ACCEPTS OFFER OF SETTLEMENT AGAINST CHICAGO FUTURES FIRM AND ITS PRESIDENT; CFTC Orders Robbins Futures, Inc. and Joel Robbins to Pay Civil Penalty of $120,000 and to Cease and Desist from Future Violations, 4791-03, June 3, 2003.
- CFTC SUSPENDS NYBOT FLOOR BROKER FOR UNLAWFULLY TRADING COFFEE FUTURES CONTRACTS; In Settling Charges Against Trader Brian Thornton, CFTC Finds That Thornton Engaged in Fraud, Bucketing of Customer Orders, Reporting Non-Bona Fide Prices, Noncompetitive Trading, Wash Sales, and Accommodation Trades, 4790-03, May 29, 2003.
- Commodity Software Vendor Charged with Violating CFTC Order; Defendant Richard Swannell Sold His Elliott Wave Analyzer Software Programs Through His Website, 4789-03, May 21, 2003.
- CFTC CLAIMS MCGRAW-HILL COMPANIES FLOUTED FEDERAL AGENCY SUBPOENAS; Commodity Regulator Asks US District Court for Order Requiring McGraw-Hill To Provide Documents Demanded By Energy Investigation Subpoenas, 4788-03, May 20, 2003.
- PORTLAND, OREGON, FOREIGN CURRENCY FIRM, ITS PRESIDENT, AND OTHERS CHARGED WITH STEALING MORE THAN $9 MILLION IN CUSTOMER FUNDS; CFTC Obtains Federal Court Order Freezing Assets of Orion International, Inc. and Several Individuals; Defendants Allegedly Fraudulently Solicited at Least $27 Million from Customers, 4787-03, May 14, 2003.
- CFTC CHARGES REDONDO BEACH, CALIFORNIA COMMODITY TRADING ADVISOR WITH FRAUD, 4786-03, May 14, 2003.
- TEXAS COMMODITY TRADER SETTLES CFTC CHARGES OF DEFRAUDING CUSTOMERS AND STEALING CUSTOMER FUNDS; CFTC Order Requires That Garland Resident Dewey V. Wiles Pay Restitution to Customers, 4785-03, May 7, 2003.
- FLORIDA MAN FOUND IN CIVIL CONTEMPT OF PAYMENT ORDER IN CFTC ANTI-FRAUD ACTION; Federal Court Orders Marc Wuensch to Pay $250,000 Now, Followed by Monthly Payments of $1,500, to Avoid Prison, 4784-03, May 7, 2003.
- CFTC REVOKES REGISTRATIONS OF TWO INDIANA BROKERS, 4783-03, May 7, 2003.
- FLOOR BROKERS SETTLE CHARGES OF UNLAWFULLY TRADING CATTLE FUTURES; CFTC Finds that Ronald M. Schiller, aided by Eugene J. Chesrow, Engaged in a Wide Variety of Trading Schemes that Cheated Customers, 4781-03, May 1, 2003.
- CFTC CHARGES ST. PETERSBURG, FLORIDA, COMPANY AND RESIDENT WITH DEFRAUDING CUSTOMERS IN FOREIGN CURRENCY (FOREX) OPTIONS SCAM, 4781-03, April 29, 2003.
- CFTC SETTLES RECORDKEEPING CHARGES WITH CARR FUTURES INC.; CFTC Alleges that Carr Futures Failed to Retain and Produce Cancelled and Unfilled Floor Orders, 4780-03, April 29, 2003.
- S&P TRADER BRIAN RAY CHARGED WITH FRAUD, 4779-03, April 29, 2003.
- WALL STREET UNDERGROUND, INC. AND OTHERS CHARGED WITH FRAUDULENTLY PROMOTING COMMODITY TRADING SYSTEMS; CFTC Charges Kansas City Commodity Promoters With Making False Claims and Guarantees to Customers; At Least 1000 People Invested in the Multimillion-Dollar Scam, 4778-03, April 25, 2003.
- CALIFORNIA COMPANY AND TWO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS CHARGED WITH COMMODITY POOL FRAUD; CFTC Charges California Corporation and Two Employees With Fraud in Commodity Investment Scam, 4777-03, April 21, 2003.
- FEDERAL COURT ORDERS GEORGIA FOREIGN CURRENCY FIRM AND ITS PRESIDENT TO REPAY CUSTOMERS IN CFTC FRAUD ACTION; Infinite Trading Group, LLC. and Anthony Garcia Also Ordered to Pay $660,000 Civil Penalty, 4776-03, April 14, 2003.
- CHICAGO MAN ORDERED TO PAY PENALTY FOR FRAUDULENTLY PROMOTING A COMMODITY TRADING SYSTEM, 4775-03, April 14, 2003.
- GEORGIA FEDERAL COURT ORDERS ATLANTA FOREIGN CURRENCY FIRM AND ITS CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER TO PAY BACK $662,000 TO DEFRAUDED INVESTORS; Order Also Imposes Civil Penalty of $1.7 Million On Samuel Daley and Advent Capital Partners, Ltd., 4774-03, April 14, 2003.
- CFTC Obtains Federal Court Order Freezing Assets of Defendant U.S. Securities & Futures Corp., 4773-03, April 9, 2003.
- NEW YORK FOREIGN CURRENCY (FOREX) FIRM CHARGED WITH DEFRAUDING 230 INVESTORS OF $6.4 MILLION; CFTC Charges Holston, Young, Parker & Associates, Conetto Holding Company, Ltd, and Holsten's President With Commodity Scam Using Offshore Banks, 4771-03, April 8, 2003.
- SAN FRANCISCO FOREIGN CURRENCY FIRM AND ITS PRESIDENT CHARGED WITH DEFRAUDING 200 CUSTOMERS; CFTC Obtains Federal Court Order Freezing Assets of Defendants DBS Capital Inc. and Douglas Stevens, 4770-03, April 8, 2003.
- CFTC SETTLES FOREIGN CURRENCY FRAUD CHARGES WITH CALIFORNIA AND OHIO RESIDENTS; Federal Court Orders Five Defendants To Pay $3.5 Million To Customers in Australia, New Zealand, and the United States, 4769-03, April 3, 2003.
- CFTC SETTLES FRAUD ACTIONS AGAINST THREE DEFENDANTS INVOLVED WITH INDIANA COMMODITY POOL; Court Orders Defendants David G. Johnson, Thomas T. Miller and Geoffrey M. Eltzroth to Pay More Than $11 million for Their Violations Arising from a Ponzi Scheme, 4768-03, April 2, 2003.
- UTAH MAN CHARGED WITH DEFRAUDING CUSTOMERS OF MORE THAN $300,000 IN FOREIGN CURRENCY (FOREX) TRADING SCHEME; CFTC Obtains Federal Court Order Freezing Assets of Defendants Bryan Hawker and G, Hawker & Stone, LLC, 4767-03, March 27, 2003.
- CFTC SUES NATURAL GAS TRADER FOR FRAUD; Christopher Chapman Ordered to Pay $240,000 in Penalties, Among Other Sanctions, 4766-03, March 26, 2003.
- EL PASO TRADING UNIT AGREES TO PAY $20 MILLION TO SETTLE CFTC CHARGES OF ATTEMPTED MANIPULATION AND FALSE REPORTING; El Paso Merchant Energy, L.P. Settles Claims Under the Commodity Exchange Act That It Intentionally Reported False Natural Gas Price and Volume Information to Energy Reporting Firms in an Attempt to Affect Prices of Natural Gas Contracts, 4765-03, March 26, 2003.
- MICHIGAN MAN ORDERED TO PAY $6.3 MILLION TO CUSTOMERS DEFRAUDED IN COMMODITY FUTURES INTERNET SCAM; Federal Court Orders Defendants to Refund Investments to 900 Customers, 4764-03, March 20, 2003.
- CFTC CHARGES ENRON WITH PRICE MANIPULATION AND OTHER ILLEGAL ACTS; Enron and Former Enron Vice President Charged With Manipulating Prices in Natural Gas Market; Enron Charged Further With Operating an Illegal, Undesignated Futures Exchange and Offering Illegal Lumber Futures Contracts Through Its Internet Trading Platform, 4762-03, March 12, 2003.
- FRAUDULENT PRECIOUS METALS DEALERS INDICTED AND ARRESTED IN COMMODITY SCHEME; CFTC Lends Assistance to the United States Attorney for the District of New Jersey in Criminal Action for Defrauding Investors, 4758-03, February 26, 2003.
- CALIFORNIA FIRM AND ITS TWO PRINCIPALS CHARGED WITH FOREIGN CURRENCY (FOREX) SWINDLE; Government Files Lawsuit Against EuroBancorp, Inc., Paris DeLesseppes, and John Lassen for Fraud; Further Charges are Brought Against EuroBancorp and Global Interbank, Inc. for Offering and Selling Illegal, Off-Exchange Foreign Currency Futures Contracts, 4756-03, February 13, 2003.
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA FOREIGN CURRENCY (FOREX) OPERATORS CHARGED WITH FRAUD; Local Foreign-Language Newspapers and Internet Used to Advertise Scam, 4755-03, February 13, 2003.
- CFTC & FEDERAL CRIMINAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS GATHER FOR COOPERATIVE ENFORCEMENT MEETING FOCUSED ON THE ENERGY MARKETS; CFTC's Division of Enforcement Shares Investigative Experiences with Colleagues from the President's Corporate Fraud Task Force, 4754-03, February 13, 2003.
- FLORIDA FOREIGN CURRENCY FIRM AND OTHERS CHARGED WITH FRAUD; CFTC Obtains Federal Court Order Freezing Assets of Defendants InterTrade Forex, Inc., Stanley Craig Wakefield and Pritesh Patel, 4753-03, February 11, 2003.
- TEXAS RESIDENT CHARGED WITH SWINDLING MILLIONS FROM INVESTORS AND SPENDING MONEY ON GAMBLING, JEWELRY, AND AUTOMOBILES; CFTC Charges John A. Wheeler and His Companies with Fraudulent Solicitation and Misappropriation in Connection with Purported Foreign Currency Trading; Court Enters Preliminary Injunction Against Defendants, Freezing Their Assets, Among other Sanctions, 4750-03, February 5, 2003.
- FLOOR BROKER SETTLES CHARGES OF UNLAWFULLY TRADING COFFEE FUTURES; CFTC Finds that Ronald Kilbride Engaged in Fraud, Bucketing of Customer Orders and Reporting Non-Bona Fide Prices, Noncompetitive Trading, Wash Sales and Accommodation Trades, 4749-03, February 4, 2003.
- FEDERAL COMMODITIES ENFORCER CHARGES SALT LAKE CITY ATTORNEY DONALD J. PURSER WITH FRAUD; Utah Federal Court Permits CFTC to Add Parties and Expand Allegations in Existing Commodity Pool Fraud Case, 4746-03, January 29, 2003.
- CFTC ESTABLISHES TOLL-FREE COMPLAINT LINE [866-FON-CFTC] AND URGES THE PUBLIC TO USE IT TO REPORT SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITIES INVOLVING COMMODITIES, 4745-03, January 29, 2003.
- FORMER DYNEGY MARKETING AND TRADE EMPLOYEE CHARGED WITH COMMODITY DECEPTION AND WIRE FRAUD; Former Natural Gas Trader Charged Criminally Under the Commodity Exchange Act With Intentionally Reporting False Natural Gas Price and Volume Information to Energy Reporting Firms in an Attempt to Affect Prices of Natural Gas Contracts, 4744-03, January 27, 2003.
- WORLD-WIDE CURRENCY SERVICES CORP. AND OTHERS CHARGED WITH DEFRAUDING CUSTOMERS IN CURRENCY SCAM; CFTC Also Charges World-Wide Director Gennady (George) Spivak and Salesman Ellison Ken Morris with Defrauding Customers in Foreign Currency (FOREX) Futures Trading, Misappropriating Customer Funds, and Operating and Illegal FOREX Futures Business, 4743-03, January 23, 2003.
- FLORIDA FIRM, INVESTORS FREEDOM CLUB, L.C. AND OTHERS, CHARGED WITH SOLICITING OVER $1.5 MILLION FROM CUSTOMERS IN FOREIGN CURRENCY (FOREX) FUTURES FRAUD; Government Obtains Federal Court Order Freezing Assets of Defendants Investors Freedom Club, L.C., William Folino, George Belanger, and Relief Defendant Tina Folino, 4742-03, January 23, 2003.
- FLORIDA FEDERAL COURT REQUIRES CHIEF INVESTMENT OFFICER TO PAY $16 MILLION IN RESTITUTION TO DEFRAUDED SUNSTATE FX INC. INVESTORS IN CFTC ENFORCEMENT ACTION, 4740-03, January 21, 2003.
- MICHIGAN RESIDENT STEPHEN PIERCE SETTLES CFTC ACTION CHARGING INTERNET FRAUD VIOLATIONS, CFTC Order Requires Pierce To Pay A Civil Monetary Penalty and Comply with Undertakings, 4739-03, January 21, 2003.
- CHICAGO MAN CHARGED WITH FRAUDULENTLY PROMOTING HIS COMMODITY TRADING SYSTEM; CFTC Alleges Gregory Elliott (d/b/a Softrade, Inc.) Made False Claims Concerning Profits Generated by His Commodity Trading System, 4738-03, January 21, 2003.
- NEW YORK FOREIGN CURRENCY FIRM CHARGED WITH FRAUDULENTLY SOLICITING RETAIL CUSTOMERS OVER THE INTERNET TO INVEST IN ILLEGAL, OFF-EXCHANGE FOREIGN CURRENCY (FOREX) FUTURES CONTRACTS; CFTC Charges Rouslan Tambiev and Tamb International, Inc., Both Located in Queens, New York, With Fraud, 4737-03, January 14, 2003.
- CFTC SETTLES ACTION AGAINST HEDGE FUND AND SUSPENDS ITS REGISTRATIONS; Beacon Hill Asset Management, LLC Agrees to Suspension of Registrations, 4734-03, January 7, 2003.
- CFTC REVOKES MICHIGAN COMMODITY TRADING ADVISOR'S REGISTRATIONS, 4733-03, January 7, 2003.
- CFTC SETTLES ENFORCEMENT ACTION AGAINST FLORIDA FIRM AND ITS OWNER; FIRM USED FRAUDULENT SCHEME TO SOLICIT OVER $400,000 FROM UNSOPHISTICATED INVESTORS; $K's Forex International, Inc., a Florida Firm d/b/a SK's Forex International, Inc., and Elizabeth Miskus Kemp, Found to Have Operated Illegal Foreign Currency (FOREX) Futures Trading Firm and to Have Misappropriated Customer Funds, 4732-03, January 6, 2003.