Contract Approval Filing Fees
The CFTC requires that applications for approval of contracts be accompanied by a nonrefundable filing fee. The filing fee is payable by the exchange at the time it submits a contract(s) for approval. The fees are revised annually, based on a moving average of actual costs incurred by the CFTC staff in reviewing product approval requests over the preceding three-year period.
The per contract filing fees in effect as of March 10, 2004 are as follows:
- A single futures contract or an option on a physical—$6,000.
- A single option on a previously approved futures contract—$1,000.
- A submission of a futures contract and an option on that futures contract—$6,500.
Reduced Fees for Simultaneous Submission of Multiple Cash-Settled Index Contracts and Multiple Contracts on Major Currencies
The Commission has adopted reduced filing fees for submissions containing multiple contracts. These reduced fees are as follows:
- A submission of multiple related futures contracts—$6,000 for the first contract, plus $600 for each additional contract.
- A submission of multiple related options on futures contracts—$1,000 for the first contract, plus $100 for each additional contract.
- A combined submission of multiple futures contracts and options on those futures contracts—$6,500 for the first combined futures and option contract, plus $650 for each additional futures and option contract.